Hey Entrepreneur, how did the 2017 business year treat you? Were you able to stay on track with your goals?
Many of us set goals and then at the end of the year realize that there wasn’t much accomplished.
We wonder how did time fly by so quickly? Today we will look at how to set business goals to achieve them.
There are many times we vow to change our work habits to become more productive and a raving success in our business, however all too often this promise is broken.
We fall back into the rut of doing the same non-productive activities over and over again or we forget about what we should focus on and abandon the goal entirely.
Many home business owners wonder why they are unable to make changes in their habits.
They may think that their inability to reach their goals is due to lack of “will power”.
Then there are others who stay focused, persistent and accomplish their goals.
We should pay attention to what it is that they do differently.
One thing that I notice is that the top producers combine meditation with goal setting.
We’ll talk more about this a little later.
If you’re one of the many home business owners who who struggle to attain success in meeting your business goals, then one reason may be is that you did not set your goals properly.
7 Smart Goal Setting Tips for Business Success
Let’s take a look at how to set crystal, clear goals the smart way:
- You must have a clear picture precisely of what you want to happen in your business. It should not be a vague generalization. Instead for saying , “I want to make more money this year”, say “In 90 days I will earn an extra $5,000 so that I can eliminate my credit card debt.
- It should be specific and relevant.
- Set a date for when you expect to reach the goal. On March 3rd 2018, I will…
- The goal should motivate you to take action when you think about how it will make a difference in your life. “I’ll now have the money to take my family on a two week vacation this year.
- You should have strong emotion or desire about the goal. Do you get excited when thinking about the end result?
- Have a plan that can be reviewed daily. You can write your goals in a journal or even in your iPhone. You don’t want to lose sight of your goals. Once they’re out of sight, they’re out of mind!
- Visualize and see yourself getting what you want.
How to Set Holistic Business Goals
When your business goals are designed with consideration of these other 7 major areas of life, you’ll find that you will live a more holistic lifestyle with less stress and more balance:
- Business – may include profit, position in market, major projects, brand, team building, learn new skills etc.
- Financial – income, savings, total net worth, buy a home, retirement income, savings for college etc.
- Physical – lose weight, increase energy, improve diet, upgrade appearance etc.
- Mental – personal development, motivational audios, build new skillsets, hire a coach etc.
- Family – spend more quality family time, spend more time with children or parents, improve relationship with spouse etc.
- Spiritual – join spiritual group, read books on spirituality, attend religious services etc.
- Lifestyle – where you want to live, travel, luxuries, hobbies, time freedom etc.
- Relationships – time with best friends, build new relationships, join organizations.
Besides business, you can choose other areas you’d like to work on, then identify the behaviors and steps needed to reach the goal. You’ll find that the areas are interrelated to each other, for example, do you get the proper amount of sleep to have enough energy to complete tasks in your daily “to do list”? Do you schedule your business tasks well enough to include quality time with your family?
Meditation for Business Success
While running a home business, there can be numerous distractions that will interfere with remaining focused and on task, especially if you are working your business part-time. As a second gig, you’ll need to regroup and re-charge your brain to get the energy to put in the extras hours required to execute specific tasks. Meditation is a great way to do this.
Meditation has been viewed as a mystical mind tool, but this is not the case. Meditation has many benefits and you might be wondering why you should include meditation as a way to grow your business. Without getting too scientific, here are just a few benefits that I’m sure you would find helpful :
If the subject of meditation is alien to you, don’t worry, there are many ways to meditate. You don’t always have to sit in lotus position and chant Ommm. 🙂 One very popular method that you may enjoy using is a BrainWave entrainment app. Just sit down in a quiet place with your cell phone, and a set of headphones to be guided into relaxation for a specific goal, whether it’s creativity, energy, better focus and concentration or even to get quality sleep after you call it quits for the night. It will only take from 10-30 minutes of your time and you’ll be ready to start working on your business tasks.
Once you have practiced meditation, you’ll want to use it to achieve not only your business goals, but also to improve in other areas of your life. By repeating the meditation process, you’ll eventually succeed in devel0ping new habits that will allow you to set business goals and actually achieve them.
Social media is the place to be if your goal is to recruit more customers and reps Click To Tweet
If you’re scratching your head trying to figure out how tap into social media, then you’ll want to get your hands on this free Network Marketers Recruiting Guide.
To Your Marketing Success,