Do you manage your home business for ultimate success?
Aspiring to be wealthy from your home business is great as long as you manage time in a manner that will lead to your ultimate goal.
Let’s identify some activities that can interfere with you being ultra productive.
Some home business entrepreneurs treat their business as a hobby.
Now don’t get me wrong. I would certainly want to enjoy working in my business rather than dread working in my business.
But the goal for home business success is to spend most of your time doing income producing activities and that would involve managing time wisely.
What is time management and how can we manage time to become more productive?
Here are some time wasters that you may be busy with doing:
- You sit down at your desk and ask yourself, “what am I going to do today?” Sounds crazy right?
- You’re busy creating labels, organizing your desk, cleaning out your email inbox, cleaning up your office, organizing your computer files, shopping for office supplies.
- You check your email several times during the day and you click on links within the email that take you to a webinar training that you hadn’t planned on attending.
- Your go to social media with the intention of adding a post, then spend more than the usual time scrolling through your news feed.
Can you come up with more activities that you enjoy being busy doing, but are absolute time wasters ?
The best way to ensure success in your home business is to set a structured schedule and stick to a daily, weekly, or monthly plan.
8 Proven Strategies for Greater Productivity
Always keep in mind that as a home business entrepreneur you MUST set parameters and deadlines around your time and projects in order to complete tasks.
Breaking down your day will make it easy to see which tasks are a true priority.
Let’s take a look at these eight proven strategies to assist you in prioritizing tasks.
1. Record all activities – Write out every task, demand, priority, and activity that requires you attention either by day or by week.
Daily might be more practical, because you can zero in on what activities you must take for the day.
You should include everything, including family obligations like picking up your children after school. going to the gym, food shopping etc.
2. Determine primary goals – Make a list of what your primary goals are by day or by week.
When you have unclear or unrealistic goals will set you up for failure.
You need to know where to start and set the goal at a realistic level to avoid failure.
Set do-able daily or weekly goals that you can break up in bite size chunks to accomplish what you want.
3. Consider 80/20 rule – Decide which 20% of your listed activities will yield you 80% the results which will put you closer to your goals.
A good example would be, if you’re writing a ebook as a tool to attract targeted leads to your business or to attract people who are interested in your topic, then this is a realistic priority over spending time writing or commenting on blog posts.
4. Evaluate Important vs. Urgent – You should determine which of your activities is the most important versus the most urgent.
You have to consider how some items affect others, and what the penalty would be for not finishing certain tasks.
For example, is someone relying on you to complete a task in order to complete theirs?
Important means it needs your attention as soon as possible, and urgent means it needs to be addressed and resolved right now.
5. Rank – Use a simple ranking system to begin planning.
You can use numbers, letters, or colors. Red could indicate high priority tasks, yellow for moderate priority tasks, and green for low-level tasks.
6. Create a schedule – Document deadlines for every task, then estimate the time it will take you to complete the task.
Next, create you schedule making note of any tasks that are linked together as this will increase your productivity.
You can link a lower priority task with a higher priority task .
For example complete an e-book in exchange for getting leads can be linked with the task of responding to blog comments.
7. Revisit goals and adjust – Review your goal or goals and what the rewards are for completing the tasks on time, then make any necessary adjustments.
8. Purge – Remove those tasks on your list that remain at the bottom. Tasks that always remain at the bottom could be an indication that they are not important.
How to Manage Time with a To-D0-List
Ok, I hear you. If the 8 Tips list appears to be overwhelming and complicated, just get started with a “Things to Do” checklist, then cross off each of the tasks as you complete them.
You’ll become motivated about crossing off the remaining items on the list 🙂 Yeah, I know… some of us still get distracted and lose focus from our list right after we’ve created it!
One solution is to turn your to-do-list into an auditory device.
You can use your smart phone, tablet, or another smart device to read your to-do-list aloud to you
. Research states that listening to our to-do- list creates a link between what we hear and the memory part of the brain .
When we read our lists out loud or have them read to us, we become better at remembering the tasks to work on.
Just remember to ask yourself if the task will lead to your monetary goal and if there is anything else that you can do that will get you closer to your goal.
Can’t figure out what you should be doing? Here are some suggestions:
Time Management Activities for Network Marketers
If you’re a network marketer your money making activities should be:
- Prospecting online and offline
- Invite/book appointment to presentation
- Follow-up/get the decision
- Personal training and development
- Help a team member to set up and make money in 30 days
Time Management Activities for Internet Marketers
• Implement marketing tasks for lead generation
• Study for personal development
• Interact and follow up with your prospects
• Education for what’s working now in the industry
• Content creation
There’s a lot of money to be made in the home business industry.
Using time wisely is very important.
By implementing these eight proven time management tips, you will be well on your way to ultimate success in your home business.
Liked what you read? Please leave your comment and share. Sharing is caring!